Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Just Relax

Since it's the first Wednesday of the month, it's time for the Sketch Challenge over at Dude Time Doodles!  You have one week to work the sketch and submit your creation .  It MUST be a masculine themed card as that's what the Dudes are all about.  The winner will be announced next week and you could be selected as the Top Blog or one of the Top Three - plus there will be a generous prize for the winner.  So be sure and head on over to Dude Time Doodles and submit your entry.




This is Hammock Harold and he can be found in Boni's STORE.  How about this cute image for a Father's Day card!  He's relaxing and chillin' which is what all dads need to do on "their day".  I used a Texturz plate from SU on the yellow and the patterned paper is from Paper Studio.  The "Relax" letters were actually pink (yes, I said PINK) puffy stickers!  I colored over the pink with a blue SU marker and it worked perfect!  It's amazing sometimes what you can do with limited supplies!

I'll be entering this in the challenge over at Stamping Scrapping Challenges Central ( masculine) and also at Karen's Doodles Challenge (Father's Day).

Oh, and before I forget.......Dude Time Doodles is having a Design Team call!  Get all the details on the blog1

Thanks for stopping by................and be sure and check out Dude Time Doodles to submit your entry.
Lynn

21 comments:

Monica said...

Hi Lynn,
Your card is so fu ny and I love the designer paper... I wish I could sit pn a hammock like that and enjoy a glass of beer! But sadly when it stArts showing on my waist it is not very nice!!! Lol! We used to have a hammock in our garden and this reminds me of that... hose happy, lazy Sunday afternoons!

Am so happy that I am able to comment on your blog!

xxx Monica

Kathy and Lucky said...

Congrats on winning over at Stampin' Anne!!! Love your card, just screams Father's Day, always love your cards, such smiles all the time. Hope all is well with y'all and it's not too hot, summer is here I think.

Tammy said...

Absolutely a perfect card for Father's Day! Love how you colored Harold. Hope he doesn't spill his drink.

NanaConnie said...

Love the wild plaid dp you put behind this totally relaxing image! Perfect contrast. This is what all the dad's in my family will be doing on their special day! Great coloring, too!

Cleota said...

Great job with Harold. That plaid background paper is fantastic for it! I'll have to remember that I can color stuff if it's not the color I want. :)

Anne Temple said...

Love that plaid background with Harold. Great job on your coloring too.

Anonymous said...

He;s one of my favourites too! (Tip Top)

Dana said...

Fantastic Father's Day card!! I love it!
Hugs~
Dana

Hetty said...

Lovely card for fathers, but mom wants to hang out too, so dad, move over!
Great card, lovely colors, very summer.

Lynn McAuley said...

Add a book and I would be in hog heaven!! What a great card for the summer, Lynn!!

Carol L said...

I think someone made a digi of my DH relaxing in the back yard! LOL The only things missing are the grill and a beer in his hand instead of the lemonade! LOL So cute Lynn, great card for father's day!

Karen Howard said...

OMG, this would be my father all the way!!! Love your Dude Time Doodle cards, they are the BEST!!!

Joan Ervin said...

What a fun and fabulous Father's Day card...I think that's exactly what my husband will be doing on Father's Day...great papers and colors, too!!!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What a cute Father's Day card Lynn, he's cute in his hammock! Thanks for leaving me a comment today, thought I should tell you the ruler came from Michaels in case you have one near by.

Kari said...

Great card with wonderful paper!
Thank you for joining Karen`s Doodles this week and good luck!

Hugs,Kari :)

Tammy said...

What a fantastic "guy" card Lynn!! I love that image and your paper! Re-coloring the letters is an awesome idea! ...so creative!
Tammy :)

Karen said...

What a cute dude Lynn. You are very creative making up your own colour for your puffy stickers. Somehow, the plaid paper really fits Hammock Harold. Hopefully you have had some rain, ours has stopped for a whole day...yahooo

Becky said...

Fabulous image Lynn. awesome card.

Erum Tasneem said...

fabulous card and a great image to use on masculine cards! Love the plaid paper.

Ginny said...

he looks very comfy, lol, fab card :)

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

This is great and just what i need........to RELAX!!!!