Friday, June 9, 2023

Howdy

As I was stamping this sentiment I couldn't help but laugh out loud.  A tradition at one of the universities in Texas is that every time you pass someone walking on campus, you say "howdy".  Now most Texans really don't speak this way, but if you go to that university, that's how you greet each other.  I really shouldn't say anything bad about it though since my son graduated from there.  It still seems a little strange -  but whatever.......


This card was VERY different for me (and I really don't know if I even like it).   I'm not even sure why I'm posting it since when I make a card that I don't like I usually just toss it in the trash and move on.   It's not awful by any means but I just feel like it needs something added to give it more oomph.   Any ideas?   Then again, maybe it's just different from something I would normally do.  

Anyway...... I had colored the little girl from My Favorite Things in Copics and she was sitting on my desk.  Then I started coloring the background from Blue Knight in watercolors thinking of another card to do.  For some reason I put the little girl on top of the scene and she just seemed to fit perfect.  The sentiment is also from My Favorite Things. 

I'll enter this in the challenge at Farm Quest General Store -  Anything Goes country 

Thanks for stopping by.........and keep smiling!
Lynn


18 comments:

Liz said...

Cute card Lynn, it’s perfect just the way it is. xx

Brenda said...

This little gal definitely fits into this scene perfectly! I love this card, it is so sweet and very country looking. I don't think it needs anything else at all. Your watercoloring looks amazing on the scene and I love how you colored your little gal. I'm so glad you didn't trash this card Lynn, seriously it is too sweet! Hugs, Brenda

Becca S said...

Lynn: I love this!! It's a terrific friendship card, encouragement, just because card! Both stamps are great alone but the combination works great together like peanut butter and jelly! She's got her boots and hat and looks like she's been walking around, checking out her surroundings! Thanks for making a delivery at FQGS!!! --Becca

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

The story behind "Howdy" made me laugh. In Italy we say it when we don’t know whether to say "Hi" or "Hallo". Absolutely LOVE this card!! Your water coloured background looks amazing and just perfect for the little girl!!! They work really well together! For me your card is perfect as it is, but if you wanted to add something, perhaps you could add a snail, a small turtle or a little bunny in the bottom right in front of the girl. Just for fun! :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

She is wonderful, and she's greeting us to her place. I love this little scene, beautiful colouring Lynn.
Faith x

Chrissy said...

Oh, how cute, I love the scene with the fence going away from us, I was trying that out the other day but not successful at all, I need s stamp, but I love the little girl too and it's great to go out of your comfort zone Lynn,
it's a fabulous card and water colouring..

Luv CHRISSYxx

*Vicki* said...

Wow, your card with this cute cowgirl works just perfectly on that gorgeous scene! I think the greeting is just right too! I'm not really thinking there's anything to add at all! Really beautiful coloring, Lynn! Have a great weekend!

Carol L said...

I'm glad you didn't toss this one because it's as cute as can be and such a fun way to send greetings to someone! I just love the colorful background you created to go along with this country gal, it's perfect just the way it is! NICE coloring too!

kiwimeskreations said...

A gorgeous card Lynn - different to your usual style, but still gorgeous.
Blessings
Maxine

Brenda in IN said...

It is a cute scene and she fits in perfectly. That's so funny that they greet you with "howdy" but a cowgirl would probably say that. I don't think this needs anything else but you could put a horse or cow in the pasture.

ahlers5 said...

I think it's just right as is. So cute.

Sue said...

Totally perfect card Lynn I love it and your background is stunning!! lots of hugs xx

Mariann Jakobsen said...

Such a cute card! Lovely little scene, and nice coloring! I think it's perfect as it is ;)

JD/ Jill said...

Adorable card!

aussie aNNie said...

Gogeous colours and wonderful crafting. x

wannabcre8tive said...

Awww, what a cute card! Your little girl looks great in front of the Blue Knight fence. Great coloring,too.

Bonnie said...

I think this little gal looks perfect with your watercolored scene, Lynn! I can't think of anything that could make this any better!

EmmaT said...

Fantastic fun card, its good to make something different even if we decide its not 'us'. I tend to still put them in my box as quite often the cards im not keen on someone else loves! Emmax