Friday, February 3, 2023

Just a Cat

 Some of you may remember Tammy  from Tammy's Spot blog several years ago.  Sadly she passed away a little over a year ago and her daughter sent me several images that Tammy had printed out - who knows when.  I have no idea who created this image or anything about it at all.   It looks like a pencil drawing but I doubt if Tammy actually drew it.  It's printed on what appeared to be watercolor paper, but it wasn't that and is wasn't something like paper for Copic coloring either.  I didn't want to mess it up trying to color it so I just used my colored pencils and lightly colored the butterfly, tongue, and a bit of the "grass".  (Oh and in case you want to see some of the wonderful cards Tammy made over the years, her blog is still there - http://www.tammy-tammyspot.blogspot.com).



Thanks for stopping by..........and keep smiling.....

Lynn

13 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Awe!! I do remember Tammy, but I didn't know she had passed! How cool that you were given some images from her and I have no doubt there were some animals in there as I know she loved that. Your kitty here is so sweet and I just love the design and especially the sentiment. Thanks for sharing the remembrance of an old blog buddy.

Chrissy said...

So cute and fun Lynn, he made me giggle and I love the panel behind with the twine and heart, fabulous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

kiwimeskreations said...

Thanks for the smile this gorgeous image gave me Lynn - you certainly have done it justice with just the touches of colour
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

This does make me smile as I sit here trying to type with two cats sleeping and purring in my lap!! Love this since I am now the crazy cat lady!!

Carol L said...

You've done Tammy proud with how you used this adorable image! The little bits of color are perfect but that tiny red heart was the perfect touch! I can't believe she's been gone several years already. TFS her blog link!

Margaret said...

What an adorable image. I like that you left it the way it was and didn't try to color it in.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Definitely not "just" a cat, but a wonderful and fun card Lynn.
Faith x

EmmaT said...

Fantastic card and image, works so well leaving it black and white with just the touch of red. Im sure Tammy would love this card. Emmax

Brenda in IN said...

If that doesn't make you smile, I don't know what would! That cat is such a fun image and made a great card. How nice that you were sent these.

Brenda said...

I'm sorry to say that I don't know Tammy or her blog, how sad that she passed. I will be checking out her cards using your link though. Your card is adorable Lynn! That little bit of coloring is perfect and this image really does make one smile doesn't it?! Love the black and white color combo with just a hint of color with your pencils and the red heart. So sweet, so cute and yes, it will make someone smile for sure! Hugs, Brenda

NanaConnie said...

I think your touches of color are perfect, Lynn! How creative to use pencils in keeping with the sketch look. Wonderful choice of the stitched die and the black and white paper really enhanced the look. Love the tiny red heart with the twine. You do such fantastic cards, my friend. :-D

Bonnie said...

The pencil coloring is just enough to make this fantastic, Lynn! What a fun card!

nwilliams6 said...

Makes me smile. Fun image and lovely coloring. Hugz