Sunday, February 28, 2010

Birthday Bird



This patterned paper is from the Basic Grey Porcelain pad. I've looked at it at least once a day for about a month now - kept thinking about how pretty it was and yet not knowing how I wanted to use it! When I saw the Pals Paper Arts inspiration challenge this week, I knew what I wanted to do with this gorgeous paper - finally. The layout is from Crazy4 Challenges - just a week or so late for that one - but I like the sketch and will probably use it again!

As I said the "bird cage' patterned paper is from Basic Grey. The olive patterned paper is some from SU. I also used Old Olive and White paper along with Old Olive ink. Several tools I used were the extra large bird punch, the oval and scallop oval punches, dimensionals, and filigree brads. I added a little sponging with the Old Olive ink. The sentiment is Teeny Tiny Wishes from SU.
Thanks for stopping by.................
Lynn

17 comments:

jaydee said...

Lynn,
it's gorgeous. I think this was the perfect card to use your new DSP and popping it onto the wing of the bird of the new punch set was genius! I love the pink and green, really makes me long for spring.
thanks for sharing your wonderful creativity.
jaydee

Anonymous said...

I am loving this card. The background paper you chose to use is beautiful and brings all the details together nicely. TFS-

Lynn Put said...

Very pretty! I love this designer paper with the two step bird punch!

Jessie Lubyk said...

very pretty, love the colors, the layers, the bird so you know I love it all :) tfs

Linda Callahan said...

Your background paper sets off your image perfectly! Beautiful card - thanks for playing at PPA!

Tracey Parrott said...

so very pretty and perfectly done for the theme challenge!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Beautiful! That birdcage paper is awesome!! Love your birdie and the brads!!! Maria

TrishG said...

Beautiful. Love the colors and layering. Great layout again!

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous! I love the designer series paper that you used. It was just perfect for this challenge. Great use of the bird punch! Thanks for playing @ PPA, Lynn!

Hand Me a Stamp said...

Lovely card! I love Basic Grey paper, and the way you paired it so well with SU cardstock.

Lynn McAuley said...

How absolutely perfect with the fabulous porcelain background by BasicGrey!! Love the olive bird and wonderful layout, Lynn!!

Carrie said...

The paper and this punch work so wonderfully together and such wonderful colors. Love this!

Patty Gorka said...

What a lovely card and your birdcage paper is just perfect! Love those brads too!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Your paper is perfect with your bird punch. Pretty colors. How coincidental that we both posted cards with the bird punch today.

Jacqueline (Scraps of Life) said...

Fabulous card! Love the dp, and great use of the bird punch! Love it!

Pretty-In-Ink said...

It's gorgeous! they work so well together! what a pretty card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fantastic card- I love the BG DSP you used- so pretty too! TFS