Wednesday, January 19, 2011

DTD Inspiration Challenge

Dude Time Doodles is having an Inspiration Challenge starting today! Be sure and check it out. You have one week to enter. You could be named the Top Blog or one of the Top Three Blogs. The inspiration will be Anything But A Card. Be sure and keep in mind though, it's for a Dude!!!


Boni's Inspiration project is called a Nook Book - isn't it adorable with some of the DTD images on it. Very creative to be sure and handy to have around too.

For my "Anything But A Card" I created a little M and M container for my husband. I used the Armchair Arnie image you can get in Boni's STORE. When you see this image you think of your guy sitting in his favorite recliner watching a little TV, eating popcorn or peanuts, and drinking a beer or two. For this project though, he's sitting here watching the TV but is drinking a little Root Beer and eating M and M's! I think my husband has gotten addicted to those little candies and figured he needed something to store them in. The only problem I have is that he keeps trying to eat them off the lid too - glue dots and all! Plus I sprayed this with some type of clear acrylic stuff in had in the garage and really don't think that stuff would be good for human consumption!


Be sure and check out the Inspiration Challenge today and Dude Time Doodles and submit your entry - and also take a peek at all the other DT's project - so much creativity!


Thanks for stopping by..................


Lynn

29 comments:

Monica said...

Don't blame your hubby if he is eating all those M&Ms coz' they look even more delightful on the lovely jar you have designed. I too would have helped myself with a few when you were not looking... that is if I were anywhere around!

Such a colourful piece that is... love it.

xxx Monica

Anne Temple said...

Too cute!! I love how you piled them on top of the lid. I think Arnie needs to cut down on the root beer though :)

MiamiKel said...

OMGOsh, Lynn - this is seriously adorable! What a creative gift for the dudes (father's day!?!) Wonderful and unique - I clicked on your picture to see the m & m close up .. are they glued or glue dots? Fabulous! Such a happy project!

Cleota said...

Lynn, I think this is great! It'll make a great gift.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Yummy!! I could see myself reaching for the ones on top too!!!
What a colorful project (thank you M&M's)

Great coloring on your image!!!
Maria

Kathy and Lucky said...

I am so yummin' this, sorry lovin' this, got hung up on all those M&M's. This is such a great idea for a gift, maybe even a DS who is in college :).
TFS, give Rambo a tummy rub for me.

Hetty said...

What a delicious project, Lynn!

Unknown said...

Great job with the "man" challenge! I love the image...as my bean would say "mommy it's not cute it's awesome!"

Jenn
www.jaxbeanstalks.blogspot.com

Tammy said...

Yummy creation Lynn and a great gift for a couch potato!

Gina Lindsay said...

How cute, although I am laughing picturing him trying to eat them off the lid!!

Nicole said...

How cute! Love it! :)

Babette said...

Hey, it's a 3D project. :) I love the M&Ms on the lid. Great job, so cute too.

Jean McKenzie said...

This is such a great gift. I feel like just popping one of those M & Ms too!! Love the idea and the image is perfect!

Alissa said...

Cute and clever gift Lynn! I want those M&Ms!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a fun and colorful treat jar.

Becky said...

I absolutely love that candy jar, how fabulous.

Lynn McAuley said...

What fun projects, Lynn!! Awesome work!! Now you have me looking in the pantry for M and Ms!

Ginny said...

simply delicious :)

Miss Mary said...

oh my this is too stinkin cute. M&M's are my fav!!

BTW,,the chickie stamp is a Mike's dollar store find..actually a .25 when they were having a sale. LOL

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness how dang cute is this!!!!

paige said...

Marvelous creation! I'd be tempted to pick off the candies and eat them too!

McCrafty's Cards said...

brilliant creation, I like the image and what a yummy gift idea.
Kevin xx

Karen said...

The candy jar is so cute Lynn and m and ms are such a treat. I would be doing the same thing as your husband in trying to eat the ones on the top.

Lesley said...

looks yummy :) Lesley x

Carrie said...

what a great project. i LOVE how you put the m & m's on the outside too.

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Toot Sweet!! Now Lou wants me to make them as party favors for our Superbowl party! I'm going to be so fat!! LOL You know the rule, one for the jar, two for me?.....

Marilyn said...

Now this is a pretty darned cute project... love how the M&M's are on the outside!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Adorable, Lynn! Love the image and well, how can you go wrong when M&M's are involved? :)

Chrissy D said...

Ohh such a great jar of goodies. Love that guy!