Wednesday, January 26, 2011

DTD New Release Blog Hop

Get ready to do a little hopping today - because Dude Time Doodles is having a Blog Hop and we will be showcasing new images from Boni's STORE. Be sure and leave some love while you're doing the Hop because one of the Design Team members will be secretly chosen as the MYSTERY HOSTESS of the blog hop and one lucky commenter will receive one of the new release images for free or any individual image of their choice.

The Blog Hop does not have a starting and ending point so no matter where you Hop on you're in the right place. Just keep going and don't forget to leave a little love everywhere you land. Once you have gone full circle you have completed the Hop.


We have eight new images to share with you this month and I can already tell you....you'll love them all. So let's start Hopping:






















Lynn (that's me)








On a sad note, we are saying goodbye to the wonderfully talented Nancy. Today is her last post as a Design Team member of Dude Time Doodles. She has promised to come back and share her wonderful work with us from time to time. Good luck and best wishes in your future endeavors Nancy.


We'd also like you to welcome ChrissyD as your Guest Designer this month. You'll love her work.


YOUR NEXT STOP ON THE HOP IS SHELLY! I guarantee you are going to LOVE her creation.


Now on to my card......I can really relate to this little Golfin' Greg image!!! Several years ago my husband decided he needed to teach me how to do the golfing bit! Got clubs, got balls, got tees, got gloves, got just the right outfit (gotta look good you know) and away we went. After several weeks of his trying to teach me the basics I think he was ready to throw in the towel...but I wanted to try one more time! I think I was teeing off on maybe fairway number 6 - hit that baby and away she flew! I almost got a hole in one - the only problem was that is was on fairway number 8 not 6..........So much for my golfing days! I did have this one golf tee left over though and stuck it in the ribbon. That little circle thing in the bottom right corner of the image is suppose to represent a golf ball - hope you can see where I was coming from here......


Thanks for stopping by............and be SURE and check out the BLOG HOP today.


Lynn

38 comments:

Carrie said...

what an awesome card, i love the added golf tee... perfect

Tammy said...

Wonderful fun card Lynn, the golf tee and the popped-up golfball are the perfect touch.

Marilyn said...

Great card Lynn.. the golf tee is so clever & the paper is perfect! I have someone in mind that this image would make a wonderful card for... thanks for the inspiration!

Hetty said...

What a fun card Lynn and a wonderful embellishement. Love the background. All great together.

Kathy and Lucky said...

Fun card!!!! I was giggling my way through your post, I can so relate, my parents play golf and they want me to play and all I care about is the outfit. You did a great job, with the reversed swiss dots and the tee.

Chrissy D said...

Lynn- that paper is perfect with this image! Love your "tee" too! Wonderful card!

Crystal said...

F-O-R-E !!!!

Kendra said...

Hey, I know some competitors like that! Definitely into winning! Great job with the image.

Monica said...

You made me laugh... Even my hubby is keen that I should learn to golf... But I have this feeling that I am liable to break his heart!

I love the way you stuck the tee and the papers look great. The image is so funny, you know.

Xxx
Monica

Unknown said...

Great card! He definitely looks Tee'd Off!

Anne Temple said...

Great card. Love the golf tee stuck in the ribbon (the best place for it, I think - at least it would be for me).

ajympt said...

Love the argyle paper & the Nike "swish".

Teresa Y.

MiamiKel said...

Hahahaha, Lynn, this is totally a Florida card! LOL! So much golfing here - beautifully done, perfect paper and embossing to match and the golf tee - get out! Superb!!! x0x0

Charlene said...

Love your card...your dp are perfect for this image, as is your tee that you added. Thanks for sharing not only your wonderful work, but that great story!

Cleota said...

This is really great! I love how you've made the paper look like a golf ball. And the argyle paper in the background. Wow! Excellent job.

Cleota
DTD Dudette

Deborah Frings said...

Such a fun card - great image!!

Thanks for your lovely comment on y two flower cards - much appreicated.

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Great place for that final tee. Love the story behind this delightful card with a great image. I'm so grateful I never had to go through that

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

First off - I love the actually Tee being used on the card. VERY creative!! And yes, I can tell that the ball w/ Nike emblem is a golf ball!!
Love the plaid paper you used b/c a lot of golfers wear that!!
I love your story! I'm frustrated golfer too - although I don't really get out there but once or twice a year for charity tournaments. My favorite part is driving the golf cart!!!

The ribbon treatment on my card today is SO easy!! Just needs GOOD adhesive. Give it another go! Soooooo easy!
Maria

Alissa said...

OMG I love that you added the tee to the card! And that image is just perfect! :)

seamom said...

Great card! I just love these guy images. They're perfect!

Shelly Schmidt said...

What fun argyle paper and love the golf tee- fun card! Too funny landing the ball on another green- sounds like something I would do!

Tina said...

Great Card Lynn! Did you make that swoosh..do tell, my son would love that on a card! Like the tee tied in the ribbon idea. Glad to have some *man* card ideas.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Lynn, this is great! Love the image and how you used the reverse image of the polka dot embossing folder. I HAVE to get this little dude to make a card for my father-in-law...he will love it! :)

Fink said...

Have to love this one because it makes you remember there is a summer! Love the Nike swish too!

Lisa Lepine said...

Too, too stinkin' cute! Thanks for the inspiration.
~Lisa a.k.a. ScripperScrapper

Unknown said...

I came to your blog to say thank you for leaving me a sweet comment and when I saw your card, I cracked up!!! I love the image and the tee in the ribbon! Almost all of my family golfs..not I! I cannot see what fun it is to hit a ball and then go chase it to hit it again!! Hugzzz

JustYolie said...

LOL! Fabulous image!!

Mary Hamer said...

Lol! This card had me laughing out loud! Very cute! Off to hop!

Lynn McAuley said...

Love this angry golfer with the argyle background and golf tee embellishment!! What a super fun card, Lynn!! Fabulous design!!

jaydee said...

Lynn, this is hysterical. I think many people can relate to this image. Another fabulous card.
hugs
jaydee

Cheryl said...

This is such a great masculine card! I love the fun image and the papers you used.

Gale said...

Ohhhhh. He does look mad, doesn't he! LOL

Becky said...

Lynn this is just too cute, love it!

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a cute card-I laughed as I read your post-my hubby wanted to teach me as well- but I declined more than once-he generally shoots in the low 80's and I knew without practice i could never be that good-so i stick to paper crafts (lol)

Michele Kovack said...

What a fun card!I love the golf tee as an accent!

Tip Top said...

Hehehe! Love the little tick!! Such a fab image too!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Fun card for a golfer.

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

You crack me up!! Great accent and I love that you inverted the dot embossing to look like dimples on a golf ball! YOU ROCK!!