Thursday, December 19, 2013

Red and Green


It's time for another challenge at Digi Haven.  Our theme this go-round is Red and Green.  Of course it doesn't necessarily have to be Christmas - but we want to see the colors red and green.  Our sponsor this time is My Grafico and you could win a wonderful prize package by entering our challenge and being chosen as the winner. 

I kept wanting to add a sentiment to this card and it just never looked right.  Now the more I look at it the more I like it without a sentiment.  It can be used for Christmas, a winter birthday, thank you - or whatever.  The image from My Grafico was printed and then colored in Copics with a bit of Frantage sprinkled around.

That gorgeous crochet frame........A while back, Jessi (One Crafty Mama) and I were on a DT together and she sent me several of these that she'd crocheted.  They're so beautiful and she's very creative and  talented to be able to do things like this.  She also has them on her blog and you can purchase them there.  Check out Jessie's Blog regarding these.  They make a gorgeous frame for images.

Take a peek at the Digi Haven challenge - we have a new Junior DT member that is not only a cutie but makes some fantastic creations too!  A big welcome to Alex!

Thanks for stopping by.........
Lynn

19 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning card Lynn - love it.
Blessings
Maxine

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the design and fab image.xxx

Carol L said...

The crocheted medallion really gives this card a homespun feel, and I love that green dsp too! What a beautiful cardinal image, and I love the "snow" you added! SO pretty!

Donna Hanley said...

I love cardinals all colored up in the snow. That crocheted mat is just lovely as can be and really stands out on the green paper. That fran-tage does a great job of making snow. Have a great day.

Anne Temple said...

This is so beautiful. I like how you decided not to include a sentiment on the front - definitely makes it more versatile. Love that crochet frame too.

Benzi said...

You're right, no sentiment needed. I love that cardinal and the pretty crocheted doily. The bird looks so pretty framed with it.

Tammy said...

Oh this is gorgeous! I love that that image and the beautiful doily!!
Tammy x

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Lynn. I like the image, the papers and the beautiful crochet frame.
Kevin xx

Bonnie said...

This is beautiful, Lynn! The crocheted edges is so perfect! I think it would make a gorgeous Christmas tree ornament!

Monica said...

Wow, that crocheted frame is stunning. What a superb idea. And this is like a framable so doesn't need a sentiment. The robin is sweet and the papers is perfect.

Lynn McAuley said...

Love this awesome crocheted frame around your snowy cardinals!! Gorgeous design, Lynn!

Davi said...

This is gorgeous Lynn, I love the beautiful cardinal and pretty doily edging!

MaryH said...

You just have to know how much I love this particular card with the lovely cardinal image. Well done on the coloring. Really captured the brilliant beauty of this bird. And your crochet doily was a perfect mat for him in his winter element. TFS & Merry Christmas. Hugs too. From sunny So. Fla where it's been in the hi 70-mid 80's. Had to have the a/c turned on..imagine that! :-)

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, Lynn, this is just fabulous! I absolutely love the cardinal, and I'm so stoked to see how you used the mat :) AWESOME!

Denise@DigiHaven said...


. . . Just Gorgeous!!
`*•.¸*•¸You Are An ¸•*¸.•*´
.•:*¨`*:•Awesome DT Member!.•:*¨`*:•.
Merry Christmas to You and Yours Lynn.
♥ Denise @ Digi Haven ♥

scrappymo! said...

Stunning. That crochet border frame is fantastic! The image is great and the frantage on it looks fabulous!

Joan Ervin said...

What a gorgeous card, Lynn!!!! The cardinal is colored beautifully and I looove the crochet frame!!!!

Karen said...

Very simply elegant card Lynn...love that doily and the snow texture. This is a great winter image to work with.

Margaret said...

It's beautiful without the sentiment and the crocheted frame is beautiful! I will have to check out her site!