Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Message Center

The theme over at Creative Belli Challenges beginning today is 3-D (Anything But A Card)!  Come on over and enter your 3-D project  and you may be selected as the next Guest Designer.  Remember, in keeping with the spirit of the Belli Challenges, to use your old and forgotten embellishments.

Not  too long ago these acrylic frames and pens were all the rage!  Ok, so I stocked up on them and figured I'd NEVER run out!  I think I still have about 4 packages of the pens and at least 3 or 4 of the frames and they're gathering dust in the craft room!  The ribbon is some I don't think I've ever used before.  The notebook type backing paper was a freebie from somewhere (don't remember where though) and I used an image from Lawn Fawn (Just My Type).  I added that big pink rhinestone in the center of the rotary dial and a small piece of DP was rolled up and placed in the pen.  A simple little project that will be useful!


I know some of you don't remember this type of phone.....but I thought I'd died and gone to Heaven when this kind came out - and I didn't just have to pick up the phone and tell the operator what number I wanted.  I could actually dial it myself!!!! Amazing!!

I'll enter this in the challenge at Simon Says Stamps (Anything but a Card)

This will be my last post for the Creative Belli Challenge and just wanted to thank all the DT.  I'll miss y'all so much!  I'll check back in ever so often pay along in the fun challenges too.  Thanks again for everything.

Thanks for stopping by..........and be sure and check out the Creative Belli 3-D challenge.
Lynn

26 comments:

Marilyn said...

So cute Lynn! And yes, I do remember those phones too!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

What a cute little post it holder Lynn! Love the bright colours and the pretty ribbon :) The notebook backing paper is genius too!

Tammy said...

Oh I love it Lynn! Love the ribbon and the pretty pink paper! I remember sitting on my grandma's lap while she answered the switchboard, she was the operator!

Anne Temple said...

This is adorable! Not to mention very useful too. Love the image and the gem in the center.

Becky said...

This is adorable Lynn, love the pink gem and the ribbon is perfect.

NanaConnie said...

What a great project, Lynn! Love the dp in the pen allowing for a color match.

Donna Hanley said...

Well, Lynn, I thought I might have been the only one here that remembers talking to the operator, party lines, etc. It's nice to know I'm not alone. This is an adorable little gift for someone. Love these summer colors also.

Carol L said...

I remember and miss those awesome land line phones like the one in your image! They WORKED!!! Cute note holder, I still use mine every day - it's always next to my phone :) I love that ribbon too!

Faye said...

Lynn, this is brilliant! I'm loving all the pink too. xx

Linda Simpson said...

This is so cute Lynn! I love the colour you have chosen too. A fabulous 3D project.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Lynn McAuley said...

This is so very cute, Lynn and I just got a new phone image!! I'm always casting around for something to write on when the phone rings!

Chriss America Real said...

Lynn,

I am laughing because I was talking to my husband about that kind of phone just the other day..."remember when you would call someone and if they weren't home the phone would just ring and ring?" then he said "remember when if they were on the phone you got a busy signal" then I said "remember when the phone rang, it was a mystery who was on the other end" then he said "remember how you were attached to the wall and you couldn't walk away from the phone" we just went on and one like that! I love your project! So cute!

Hugs,
Chriss

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is brilliant Lynn, I like the telephone stamp and yes I do remember those phones, I also like the ribbon.
Kevin xx

Bonnie said...

This is a handy, dandy pad to keep near the phone. My mother was a telephone operator when I was a kid and we lived in a very small town where everyone knew everyone. Those operators keep an eye and ear on us. We couldn't get away with anything! We thought we were big time when we got a dial phone.

joy said...

I need to make 12 little gifts for a workshop and these will be perfect! Thank you for inspiring me! I love the phone image. We will miss you on the DT!

Margaret said...

What a fabulous project. I most certainly do remember those phones also. Love the image and the ribbons just "ties" it all together!

MiamiKel said...

How darling this is, Lynn! Super cute and so fun! x0x0

Tammy said...

Oh Lynn this is so cute! What a great project!! I love that phone image and fabulous ribbon!
Tammy x

Dixie said...

This is such a fun project, Lynn! I love that striped ribbon, and that image is just adorable. My father-in-law had a rotary phone until just last year.

Margaret said...

Love this idea and that wonderful striped ribbon! Such cute bling on the phone too!
We had a rotary phone when I was little and a party line. My DH looks at me like I'm crazy when I talk about waiting for the neighbors to finish their calls so we could use the phone. And he's 3 years older than me!! Guess that's the difference between living in a big city and out in the boon docks!

Michelle B. said...

I so remember those phones, it took so long to dial a number! Fab project Lynn, love the pink!

Vicky Hayes said...

I have one of these phones in my hall Lynn! What a fabulous little message pad - I love the bright ribbon.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Yep- loving this cute project- love the image and the great jewel in the center- love the pen, love the ribbon- awesome!

Karen said...

I remember the phones as well Lynn. Remembering talking to the operator as well. Cute message board and fun ribbon.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

I remember these phones for sure!!!

Our phone number had four 9's in it!!!! I'd always get to the last 9 and not twist the rotary the whole way and had to start all over again!!

I was SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy when push-button phones came out!!

You did a great job with the acrylic frame!!! I LOVE that ribbon!!!!!!! So summery!!!!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous notepad Lynn, I love that striped ribbon.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx