Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Shopping Our Stash Challenge

What a great Tuesday - and it's time once again for a Shopping Our Stash challenge!!!  Get out all those ribbons or twine you've been hoarding or just forgotten you had and enter our challenge.  Our theme this week is Double the Ribbon - use at least two different ribbon/twine - or a combination of both!!!   Be sure and use up some of that "stash"!

If you're like me, you have WAY TOO MUCH ribbon (and twin)!  My husband started out building me these fabulous ribbon holders (brackets on the wall with a metal bar between them and removable knobs on the end - about 30 inches long) a while back.  We started out with three of them - and I said that was way too many but maybe someday I'd fill them up.............ok, a couple of months later he made one more for me.  Plenty!!!  NOT!  I'm up to six now (and really could use a couple more but hate to ask him again - plus I'm running out of wall space!!)  Anyway....you get the message.....I have too much ribbon...........



My card today is very simple using three pieces of ribbon that I've never used before.  I went with the purple and green.  Added a sentiment, layered the card stock, and it's compete.  A very quick and easy card - and I used up some ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by...........and be sure and stop by Shopping Our Stash and check out all the DT members wonderful creations - and enter your creation!
Lynn

21 comments:

Tammy said...

Ohh I love the ribbons and how you've coordinated them. Great CAS card. No Lynn, I hate to disagree with you but you can NEVER have too much ribbon!

Corrinne said...

Lynn, your creation is just lovely. CAS is beautiful :)

Lots of joy!

NanaConnie said...

Gorgeous purples, Lynn! :-D Of course, I love the simplicity. I still think you do CAS better than anyone else I know. This one is simply fabulous!

lauren bergold said...

ok, see, 6 racks would be a LIFETIME SUPPLY of ribbon for me... but then... i am not ♥BRILLIANT♥ at using it in the way that you are!!! love the perfect simplicity of this! totally FAB, missus!

Carol L said...

Those ribbons are so pretty and they all look amazing together too! NJ on this one - I love the CAS look!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautifully done- love the colors and always your cards are CAS done masterfully!

gale said...

Great card. I have way too much ribbon too, and never use it. I would love to see the holders your husband made. My ribbon is currently stored two different ways (one for spools, one for loose) and I wonder if that's why I don't use it enough.

CarlaKH said...

This is such a classy card! Love the way you used the ribbons.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Great design to use the ribbon! I have TOO MUCH TOO! And too much paper, BUT I just bought SIX 6x6 pads at Home Goods today!!

DOH!

Bonnie said...

What a great way to use up some ribbon! Simple but classy!

Deena said...

loving the way you pulled off the clean and simple look and still used three different ribbons...i bow down to you!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Lol you will have to show us a picture of your ribbon rack! Great use of the ribbon on this card...it adds a really nice pop of colour :)

Donna Hanley said...

Quick, easy and GREAT. I really love the CAS look of this card. Very pretty ribbons and the green sentiment matches perfectly. Have a great day.

MiamiKel said...

This is just oodles of sweetness!!

Davi said...

Lynn what a wonderful C&S card! Such a clever idea using the ribbon like that :)

Becky said...

Beautiful cas card, I love the different ribbons.

Tammy said...

Fantastic CAS card Lynn! I love the colors of the ribbon!!
Tammy x

Margaret said...

I LOVE the design of this!! So simple and beautiful! I think I need to CASE this one just to use up some of my ribbon...

Cheryl said...

So cute! I love the clean design and the way you used the ribbons. I have to try to remember this to use of some of my ribbon stash.

Joan Ervin said...

What a great way to use up ribbon, Lynn...this is beautiful!!!!! I have ribbon everywhere...I need to figure out a better storage system...your's sounds great!!!!!!!!!

Erum Tasneem said...

how absolutely sweet! love the colours.