Tuesday, June 26, 2012

More Red, White, and Blue

We have a new challenge starting today at Shopping Our Stash.....and the theme is Stars and Stripes or Red, White, and Blue!!  Be sure and check out the challenge blog for all the details and see all the wonderful inspiration from the Design Team. 


I went with the red, white, and blue part of the challenge theme - but then added several stars too.  I'm really not sure if this design is something I thought up in my own head (surely NOT - but maybe!  LOL!) or if it's a CASE of a card I saw somewhere.  If it's a CASE and it was your card, please let me know so I can give credit.  I used three different scraps of DP and then the stars were cut out in Kraft and run through a Crimper.   I popped up the two larger stars and then wrapped some Baker's Twine around them.  Another easy mailer!

My post for {Pin}spirational Challenges will be up in a few minutes........Another great inspiration photo!

Thanks for stopping by.......and be sure and check out the Shopping Our Stash challenge.
Lynn

15 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Lynn, Terrific card. I wish I could say you CASED it from me, but that is not the case. You probably came up with this one on your own. In any case, I love it. The different papers against the white and then the craft added to it have an awesome look. Nice touch with the twine. Have a fun day.

Tammy said...

Fantastic Lynn! Love the wonderful stars, so very clever!

NanaConnie said...

The twine on the stars is wonderful, Lynn! Great paper choices and I love the CAS design. Magnificent.

lauren bergold said...

i ♥LOVE♥ this! i love the perfect simplicity of the design... the twine wrapped stars... the choice of papers... and actually i WAS going to ask you if it was a sketch or HOW you thought up the placement (which is brilliantly balanced without being symmetrical... i LOVE that!) so i had to chuckle that you aren't sure--nice to know i'm not the ONLY one who does that occasionally! :) :) :)

Anne Temple said...

Love it! Love the fun way you tied the twine around the stars too.

Joan Ervin said...

I looove this, Lynn!!!! The crimped stars look great with the twine and I love how you used the paper strips

Chriss America Real said...

I just love this..hum...may have to steal...errr..borrow the idea of wrapping the twine around the stars! So cute!

Hugs,

Chriss

CarlaKH said...

Cute cute cute! I love the design you used and the crimped stars!

Davi said...

Fabulous Lynn!! Love the panels of different dp with the cool stars :)

Shannon White said...

Wowie Lynn! This is Fabulous and so Festive for the 4th! Your dp's are Perfect and I Love the corrugated stars and bakers twine and your Fab design too! Just Love this! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Really cool stars with the twine wrapped around!! So great Lynn!!!!

You rocked this challenge!!!

Now don't get TOO excited about my cooking!! 1-2 tasty meals don't make up for the 50 horrible ones :) :) :)

Tammy said...

Fabulous card Lynn!! I love all of your papers and the fun stars!
Hugs, Tammy

Margaret said...

Ohh...loving those corrugated stars wrapped in twine!! Such wonderfully patriotic paper to go with them too! Love it!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this great card- the stars are cool- love them wrapped and love the strips of DSP!

Bonnie said...

I love these twine wrapped stars, Lynn! Pretty papers too!