Monday, June 21, 2010

Another Father's Day Card


This is another Father's Day Card I made - a very CAS card! I used the Mint Motif (Very Square) stamp set (check this set out over at i {heart} papers) and the sentiment is from Hero Arts. As I said it is VERY clean and simple. I simply stamped the squares and then cut them out. The square in Wild Wasabi and the Baja Breeze one were stitched (zig-zag) around the edges. The Tangerine Tango square was "popped" up with dimensionals. I had originally stamped the sentiment directly on the card - but then after sewing I noticed that there was some type of smudge right over the sentiment! UGH! Don't you just hate it when something like that happens!! So anyway, I just stamped it again on white CS, matted it in the Tangerine Tango, and put it over the original sentiment.

This is, again, for the CAS-tastic Wednesday challenge and also for the CAS challenge at Ink Spots and Gum Drops blog.
For both of these the theme was Father's Day.


Thanks so much for all the happy comments on the previous post (Rambo). He was VERY excited since so many thought him to be so handsome! LOL.


Also - an update on the green beans I've been canning..........I finally quit canning at 62 jars!! Enough is enough already. We had a "pick and pull" ( that is when you stand there, pull up the plant, pick the beans off it, and throw the plants in a pile) and we are now officially out of the bean business! YES! The tomatoes, cucumbers, watermelon, cantaloupe, pepper, and okra haven't hit yet - but they will.............


Thanks for stopping by......................

Lynn

18 comments:

Laura said...

What a fun card.I love your stiching.Stiching is my favorite on a card.TFS

Deb Neerman said...

Love this!

Thanks for joining us in this week's CAS-tastic Wednesday Clean And Simple 'Father's Day' card challenge!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Great CAS card! This is a terrific layout to use up some scraps too! Might have to hijack this when my Mojo comes back! Off to look at Sunday's post - not sure why I didn't see it!
Maria

Sharon said...

CAS is stunning, you do them so well! Love this one Lynn. Fab design and stitching. And inbetween all the canning, you managed to make this gorgeous card - take my hat off to you girl!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I like the different patterns and colors and how you stitched around the blocks. Very nice FD card.

Sixty-two jars of beans?! I just got my beans planted yesterday. I've been too busy to get my garden in before now. I will be happy to get a couple of meals of them let alone have enough to can.

Lone Pine Designs said...

Great card...love the squares and sewing detail!

Tammy said...

What a great idea to use a stamped image instead of dp. Love the card and its colors.

I'm exhausted just thinking about what is involved in canning 62 jars of beans.

xiumaiyuki said...

This is CAS perfection! I love that Very Square stamp set as well!

your Rambo is the sweetest little thing!

Karen Howard said...

Another awesome card!!!

Tina said...

Nice save on the card! Congrats on finishing up your canning and thanks for sharing Rambo-cutie!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Ok, so the card is awesome, I love the layout and colors, I just never think of things like that. Rambo is just the cutest furbaby ever, shh don't tell Lucky...:) What a sweet face.

Karen B. said...

Holy beans! They sound yummy. Great father's day card, love the simple design and colors.

Lynn McAuley said...

Super cute card, Lynn, with your colorful stitched on patches!!

Miss Mary said...

cute card...talking about canning makes me miss my garden.

Carrie said...

Really cute Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great card- I have such a terrible time getting good images with solid stamps. I love the layout you used too.

Chris said...

Great job! I wish I could sew, I love the technique!

Patty Gorka said...

Sounds like you've been busy with all of your canning. I haven't started canning yet, but I probably will next month- I usually do tomatoes and peppers.

Awesome Father's Day card, love the zigzag stitching on your card and I think your sentiment looks great. Now no one will ever know that you had a boo boo to correct.