Friday, March 2, 2018

For A Guy

I used to make cards for guys all the time and really enjoyed doing it but the last year or so I've gotten out of the habit and only seem to make one when  I have to have one - and then it's usually done in a hurry.

After my sweet blogging friend Carol sent me some die cuts of this fabulous Kaisercraft deer I decided I was going to use them for birthdays and also Christmas.   Probably anything else I can think of  too since I love this die!

This is super duper extremely simple but sometimes you just have to do one of those even though this may be a little over the top on simplicity.    A lot of guys don't like all the fluff and stuff on a card anyway so I think this will work just fine. 

Since it's completely done in black and white I'll enter it in the Tuesday Throwdown challenge (to use black and white). 

Thanks for stopping by..........
Lynn

16 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Lynn, this is such a striking card, CAS and gorgeous!

Lisa said...

It's so gorgeous!! I love how you've made the fabulous deer the focal point!! Beautiful card!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Linda Simpson said...

This is wonderful and I do love this die too!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Tammy said...

What a fantastic masculine card Lynn, I love that awesome deer die!
Tammy x

Liz said...

Love this card, Lynn, such a striking design in black and white. xx

MaryH said...

Very dramatic in the b&white, and I love the stag head with that graphic background paper. Ditto with the stitched mat & jute/twine embellishment. Just the right touch for a masculine card. Nice Carol to send the die cuts! TFS & Hugs

Carol L said...

I'd just logged on yesterday to comment here and went poof! Our power went out until late in the evening but all is calm for the moment. I love what you've done with this stag image, and the sharp contrast of black and white is perfect with that single strand of twine! A perfect guy card for sure!

Lori Kobular said...

Perfect masculine card! I love the black & white color scheme!

NanaConnie said...

So beautiful, Lynn! The black and white is striking and I love that background paper. The diamond geometrics are perfect for a masculine card.

Monica said...

Lynn, this is a very striking card and the background paper sets of the reindeer beautifully. CLASSY!

Bonnie said...

This is a perfect design for a guy! As you say, they don't care for the frills and most would probably think you fussy cut this handsome guy.

Chrissy said...

This is a wonderful stag head Lynn..fabulous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Shelly Schmidt said...

Hi again- just wanted to say, Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful, and awesome CAS card! I love your work! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

nwilliams6 said...

Perfect guy card, Lynn. Love the big deer. My hubby, Dad, and SIL would flip over this!

Lynn McAuley said...

Quite the striking masculine card, Lynn! Awesome!!