Monday, April 26, 2010

Bouquet for Mother's Day


This is a bouquet of flowers for all the mothers out there! I know it's a bit early for Mother's Day but I wanted to wish each and every one of you a beautiful day.

This image was printed out - then printed out again - and then again! I first colored it in the yellow/orange with my Copics. Ok, it looked pretty good. Then I colored one in the light pink with my Prismacolor pencils. Hey, it looks pretty good too. Now, let's try the Copics again - so I colored the darker pink one! WOW! They ALL looked pretty good. But I only needed one card! So I decided to use all three for the bouquet! I "popped" up each flower a little higher using dimensionals to give it some depth. The flower image was a free digital from
Jessica Lynn Original that you can find here. This is only the 2nd time I've used my Copics and the image was so nice to practice my coloring on. The sentiment is from Tenny Tiny Wishes by SU. I used White and Pixie Pink card stock. The DP is from some I had in my stash. I also added a tiny bit of glitter to some of the petals to give it some oomph!

Thanks for stopping by...............

Lynn

15 comments:

Lone Pine Designs said...

I love a pink card! I love the shaded flowers all together on the card!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Lynn! Great job coloring in those flowers! I like the layering of copics and pencils! I gotta get going on my MDCs. I just took an order to make two of them for a friend! I guess I know what I'll be working on tomorrow!!!
Maria

Laura said...

Lynn,This card is so pretty.I love your pink Card,So nice.When I made my pink card.I thought it was to much.Now I see some many pink cards and they look good.TFS

Sharon said...

A wonderful card Lynn, love the 3 flowers and your bow is fantastic! A really stunning card. Sharon

dawnmercedes said...

your bow is fabulous!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Those flowers are amazing and that bow of yours is perfect!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Lovely coloring with your Copic markers- beautiful card- perfect bow! TFS

Ann said...

Lynn very beautiful cards cards for mothers day.

Carrie said...

This is beautiful Lynn. Those flowers are stunning. You need to teach me to make a bow that perfect :)

Lynn McAuley said...

Love this beautiful card, Lynn! The zinnias look gorgeous in these colors!! Wonderful work with your Copic coloring!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Super pretty. I like your various shades of the flowers.

Michelle Forrest said...

Gorgeous flowers! Love them!

Christine Riley said...

Wow, Lynn, this is absolutley gorgeous! I love those flowers and the colors you used.
Hugs, Christine

Patty Gorka said...

Beautiful, love how you colored your three flowers. Wonderful Mother's day card!

:: BlueInks :: said...

I love how you made a printing error into a perfect card! Nice job!