Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas 2011


This just may have to be my first Christmas card for 2011! I have all my cards for this year completed and ready to mail. Now I need to get to the Post Office before Christmas is over with. Hopefully, tomorrow.

I've had this card in my mind for a while and decided I'd better make it before I forgot what I was thinking. So, yes, you get to see one more Christmas card I'm afraid. I used some Cherry Cobbler (LOVE that color), Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Very Vanilla, and some SU DP. The image and sentiment are from To You and Yours from SU. I used my SU markers to "color" the image. The lace - ah....another one of those thrift shop finds! I used glitter on the "snow" on the house, ground, and the swirls. The panel in Cherry Cobbler was embossed using the Square Lattice die.

This is for the following challenges:

Rubber Red Neck - Color challenge to use Real Red, Crumb Cake and Old Olive. I substituted Cherry Cobbler for the Real Red. This is color round-up #12
Stampin Royalty - Winter Holiday (Christmas)
Creative Inspirations Paint - Inspired by a snow globe - when I was growing up we had a snow globe with a little house similar to this in it. It always amazed me and I wondered how they got all that "snow" in there!



Hope everyone has a nice weekend.........
Thanks for stopping by.........
Lynn


23 comments:

Gina Lindsay said...

This is a great card Lynn. Love the colors. And I am jealous you already have the first one for next year..I am still frantically trying to finish mine for this year!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Beautiful!! I love the colors! That stripped paper is gorgeous!!!

As a cardmaker - I don't even make my own xmas cards! Photocards all the way :)

Have a great day!
PS: I added your blog to my 'favorite' blogs on my sidebar :)

Maria

Tammy said...

Absolutely beautiful Lynn and aren't you lucky to find such beautiful lace! Love this card.

Marilyn said...

Lynn, you are crdd-making machine! This is a gorgeous card & those green trees really pull your eyes into the image & leaves no doubt it is the focal point. Good job!

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is so pretty, love the glitter on the house and swirls and then the touch of color to highlight, gorgeous! Great colors, I agree Cherry Cobbler is my favorite and I am out, need to get more. Have an awesome weekend, we are baking and making goodies.

Spelled With An I said...

I'm really liking the embossed panels. Shoot me an email and let me know how you do it and what you use.

jojoscraps said...

This is such a warm card. I love the way your SU supplies work so well together. The image is so "homey"

Miss Mary said...

Wow..now thats what I call pre-planning!! LOL Beautiful card!!

Kianel said...

Beautiful card and so in the winter's mood!
Thanks for playing with us at CI paints challenge,
Love from France, Kianel.

Carrie said...

this turned out fantastic and the more I see that square lattice folder used the more I want it...oh no something else to add to my wish list

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I like the color that you stamped the image in and how you added touches of brighter colors to it. The crocheted lace is perfect with the vintage style image.

Monica said...

Hi Lynn,

You were so darn' right about that high heeled shoe!!! I could not wear such footwear - not any more...

I adore this card - great taste as usual. That lace looks so vintage cannot believe it is from a thrift store. Very likable card!

Xxx M

Babette said...

The people receiving this card will love it. The way you did colored the little cottage is my favorite. This card is beautiful.

Happy Holidays!
Babette

Anne Marie Hile said...

So pretty Lynn! I love how you added the pops of red and green to the stamped image. The texture from the embossing folder and he gorgeous trim just complete the card. Great way to get a head start on next year's cards already...whew, I still need to get mine in the mail. :)

~ Kendra ~ said...

Pretty card! Starting cards for 2011 already? Wow! :) I first need to finish this years, almost there! Thank you for sharing it with us at Creative Inspirations Paints.

Kendra

Iulia said...

Such an elegant card! It reminds me of a snow globe too. Very pretty!
hugs, iulia

Laura said...

Lynn,What a gorgeous card!I love the DP.And I love the story about your Hubby wanting the girl for christmas.OR he meant the card,Right?

Lynn McAuley said...

What fabulous colors on this sensational card!! I'm lovin' that lace, too!! Wonderful work, Lynn!

Meilani Z. Smith said...

Such a pretty card!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Stampin' Royalty.

Creative Inspirations said...

A very pretty card! Thank you for sharing them with us.

Helen said...

Gorgeous! One of my most favourite colour combos!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Beautiful card!!! I just love it!! Thanks for playing along in the Color Round Up #12

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Congrats Lynn you won the Color Round Up #12!!! Thanks again for playing along!!!