Monday, December 20, 2010

Inspired By.....












Dude Time Doodles is having an Inspiration Challenge - and as the Guest Designer for this month, I get to participate! But you can participate too. You have 2 weeks to link your entry for this challenge. Be sure and stop by today and check out Dude Time Doodles.

When I saw this picture for the inspiration - I saw BLUE!!! And when I think of blue AND this cute little Youth Football image from Bonibleaux Designs, I think of my son, David. (Yep, get ready for a story here!)

When my son, David, was a Freshman in high school, he decided to play football. David was at least a head shorter than all of his classmates. I mean REALLY short. He looked EXACTLY like this in his Hondo High School football uniform. The bottom of his jersey came down past his knees (it was the smallest jersey they had)! Of course he never got to play and was just the best bench-warmer ever - but he dearly LOVED football. He finished his Freshman and Soph. years and was still short (and SLOW) and still warming the bench. When he was a Junior, they let him play about six minutes - for the entire year!! Still he loved being on the team. His Senior year they changed coaches and put David on defense. Even though that jersey still just hung on him, he was GOOD at his position - and went on to make All District, Player of the Week, etc........He was an inspiration to the entire team and the younger players since he was so small. His heart was into the game and it finally paid off for him. David is a grown man now and an attorney in Dallas (of course he's still my baby - and yes, still pretty short)! This Inspiration reminded me of the blue and white of HHS and the inspiration my son was for so many young boys.

Be sure and check out Dude Time Doodles and submit your entry for the Inspiration Challenge. You could win the Top Blog or Top Three!! Take a peek at the Design Teams projects - You'll find so much creative talent.

This is also for the following challenges: Paper Pretties (to make a masculine themed card) and Totally Gorjuss (for someone special).

Thanks for stopping by..........

Lynn

16 comments:

Anne Temple said...

Lynn, what a great story!! You card is fantastic too - you did a great job coloring him!

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is fantastic! I so love the story, your son is a true inspiration to hang in there and be part of the team. Love your card!

Cleota said...

And I can't look at the image and not think of Black and Gold! My son's high school colors. :) or Blue and Gold, his college colors. What a great story of perserverance! I really love those star buttons and the pennant! So glad you've joined us permanently.

Tammy said...

Wonderful end to such a terrific story. Three cheers for your son! Love the card, it really makes one smile!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Oh Lynn - I love David's story of his high school football days! Very inspiring to never give up and do what you love no matter what!

The image is a great representation and I LOVE how he's holding the banner!

Enjoy your time with your grandkids and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Maria :)

Mary Marsh said...

what a great inspirational memory of your son-such perseverance that you dont see much-I loved your card as well

Laura said...

Oh Lynn,I love your story.SOOOO Cute.I would Have Probally given up.And Your card is super cute.I love it.

Nicole said...

Great card - and super cute image! :)

Lynn McAuley said...

I hope this card is going to David! This sensational image fits his story so well!!

Sounds like you have raised a wonderful boy into an amazing man full of commitment and determination! Well done, Lynn!

Christine Riley said...

What a great story, thanks for sharing! Love your card, that image is so cute!
Hugs, Christine

Mary J said...

Brilliant - he's so fun!

Thx for joining us at Totally Gorjuss!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this cute card- and the great colors you used as well. What a sweet story about your son- glad he did not give up!!!

Rach said...

Ahhh, this image made me smile, as did your story. Thanks for that! :o)

Wonderful coloring on the card, and I love the extra touches--the stars, the pennant. Fabulous card!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Lynn, your story made me smile! So perfect with that adorable image. Those star buttons are an awesome accent, too! :)

Carrie said...

Lynn you did AWESOME with this challenge. I love all your little details, the stars and that pennant are great along with your coloring.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a fun card for a football fan. And what a nice story about your son.