Wednesday, March 2, 2011

More Snow




This little dude image that was created by Bonibleaux Designs probably is thinking that it'll NEVER quit snowing. Meet Eskimo Joe - and you can find him in Boni's STORE. Now on to the subject of snow! We never get any of that pretty white stuff where I live in Texas so I always enjoy seeing pictures of it, etc... And to be honest, I've never even seen a snow shovel! However, you guys up north of here are probably just really, really tired of it by now! But it'll be over with as Spring is on it's way (hopefully!).

This is for the Sketch Challenge that begins at Dude Time Doodles today. The rules are very simple....you have one week to flip the sketch, twist the sketch, work the sketch and submit the sketch. You're not required to use a Bonibleaux Design Digi although it would make us happy if you did. It MUST be a masculine themed card as it's all about Dudes! Be sure and use the InLinkz to submit your creation. Also, check out all of the Design Team members creations at Dude Time Doodles for alot of inspiration and some very cute images. Please welcome Crystal as a Guest Designer for this month.

The sentiment I used is from Create with TLC (who is also the sponsor of this challenge - AND if you're the winner of our challenge, a $10.00 gift certificate to their store could be yours)!!! You may have to enlarge the picture to see the sentiment clearly but it says: Don't sweat the small stuff/Never give up/Believe in yourself! I used ALOT of glitter on this card - in fact, I think even Rambo (our little doxie) still has some on him. I really create a mess when I use glitter!


Thanks for stopping by.......and be SURE and check out the Sketch Challenge at Dude Time Doodles.

Lynn

20 comments:

Marilyn said...

Great card Lynn! I love the look on his face... I'm sure it's the same look most of us in southern Saskatchewan have on our faces at the moment. It's cold & there's so much snow!
Anyway, back to your card... I also like those snowflakes & the sentiment & yep, that's exactly what a lot of snow looks like... all white with little splashes of 'people colour'.

Nicole said...

Great card - love the blues! Great take on the layout! :)

Kathy and Lucky said...

Hope you are feeling better, feel so bad for you, hope Rambo is taking good care of mom :) Your card is so perfect for those in CT, they just can't get out from under that white stuff. Such a fun card and love the embellies. Get some rest.

Erum Tasneem said...

hpw can you make such excellent male cards! I have to make one for my mum's colleague's birthday and I cant figure out what to do! LOL
This is just perfect!

Anne Temple said...

Love your card and how you included the sentiment as one of the circle features (with an embellie inside).

Lynn McAuley said...

Can't wait for spring!! Bet this guy can't either!! What a fun card, Lynn!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Lynn, this is adorable! I really like how you paired the image with the sketch and the snowflakes are such a fun accent. I'm sooo getting this image! It would be absolutely perfect to send to family and friends back home in Syracuse. My Father-in-law will get such a kick out of it! :)

Tammy said...

Oh wow, hard to image not even seeing a snow shovel! Great card, Eskimo Joe is one of my favorite and you have him colored perfectly.

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Like the colorcombination and I like how the snowflakes and the sentiment comes together.

Warmest regards,

Renata

Gina Lindsay said...

Great job with the sketch, love the card. We don't usually get very much snow either, but even I had my fill this year!

Hetty said...

Eskimo Joe looks cold but great on this card. Wonderful!!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Wow - great job with the sketch Lynn!! That image is going to be ME tomorrow since another cold front is coming through. Thankfully no snow though :)
But...on Friday I'll be in my bathing suit in Miami - so I can't complain too much :)
Hope your shoulder is feeling better!
Maria

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a great card- love the image you used and maybe you can send it to one of your Northern friends that is in long pants and a winter coat still....LOL Hope you are feeling better soon!

JustYolie said...

Oh how I love your cards!!!

Monica said...

Lucky you to live in Texas and not even see a snow shovel!

I love the blues in the background of this card and the snow flakes on the left look lovely. And the eskimo is cute, cute, cute.

Is your shoulder better?

Hugs,

Monica

MiamiKel said...

ANother gorgeous card, Lynn - you are an amazing crafter, so creative. Love your take on the sketch! I hope you are feeling a little better and are resting in between gorgeous card making! x0x0

Karen said...

Cute card Lynn and I can send you my shovel if you would like. I have had to use it way too much this year.

Karen Howard said...

Very pretty! We are to get more snow here tomorrow night, ugh!

Tami said...

When I saw this digi it so reminded me of our last month blizzard and my hubby trying to dig his car out LOL

Carrie said...

I had plenty of snow, I'll mail you some next time LOL I love the strips of ribbon you have behind the image. Great job with this sketch