Tuesday, November 1, 2022

A Little Gobble

 This may be the only card for Thanksgiving I make this year.  I keep thinking I've GOT to get busy on Christmas cards - or just skip Christmas all the way around on sending cards.  I really hate to think of doing that though as I'm afraid sending cards at Christmas is going by the wayside and that's sad to me.  Besides that, I have tons of Christmas stamps, etc.  I need to use!



The turkey image is from Pretty Cute Stamps - which I think is in an Etsy store now and they do have some pretty cute stamps!    Not sure where the "gobble gobble" came from as it was already cut in this circle and just hanging around in the "need to use" box.  I stamped and colored the turkey in Copics and then framed him out in a die from Poppy Stamps.  I embossed the panel behind him in a chicken wire embossing folder.  Used some distress inks on the frame and sentiment circle....added some twine...........mounted it all on Kraft ........and we have a done deal!  

I'll enter this in challenge 612 at Crafty Catz - Anything Goes with the option of Kraft.

Thanks for stopping by.......and keep smiling!

Lynn

16 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a fun and beautiful card jimlynn.
Faith x

ahlers5 said...

So cute! I love the "Gobble Gobble."

Lori Kobular said...

Hi Lynn! I am glad to see you back with such an adorable Turkey card! I love the way you colored the turkey!!

Chrissy said...

Oh Lynne, he is so adorable and all bright and happy, made me smile, gorgeous fun card, love it..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Irish Cherokee said...

That is one fun image. The coloring is perfect for Thanksgiving. Excellent!

Love, Hugs and Blessings

kiwimeskreations said...

What a cutie that turkey is Lynn, and I love how you have coloured him. A fitting centre piece for a great card.
Yes, Christmas cards are definitely going by the board... which is sad, as that was sometimes the only time I 'caught up' with some folks
Blessings
Maxine

KT Fit Kitty said...

This turkey is so cute! I like the gobble gobble too! Adorable card for Thanksgiving, Lynn! I love making Christmas cards and now the big push is on this month!

Bonnie said...

This stamp is well named as it's a pretty cute turkey, Lynn! Great framing for him too!

Lynn McAuley said...

This gobbler is absolutely adorable, Lynn! What a fun card for Thanksgiving!!

Billie A said...

Darling image and card design. This card just makes you smile.. I love it. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Catz.

nwilliams6 said...

Fab Thanksgiving card, Lynn. Hard to get cuter than that image and sentiment. Love your non-traditional paper - it is perfect. I skipped cards last year and still feel guilty and behind so start making them (I need to start as well - lol - plus I have the ones from last year I never sent). You could so use this fun sketch for a Christmas card just slipping on a snowman, santa, or tree. Hugz

Brenda in IN said...

This turkey is such a cutie! Love the chicken wire framed behind him. I have cut down on some people I send cards too but, like you, I have so many stamps that I want to use. Then the time gets away from me and I don't use them. But I still want to buy more new stamps!

*Vicki* said...

Oh my word that is the cutest turkey I've seen! I love him along with the sentiment of course! The wire embossing is the perfect backdrop for him too! I just love your layout for this one! I'm with you on Christmas...I haven't decided, but I would actually like to donate cards too...so not sure I'm up for all that! LOL

Brenda said...

I hear you about the Christmas cards Lynn! For me it is the price of stamps. But figure I can afford to send out Christmas cards once a year....although I will be more selective this year. lol I think sending cards of any kind is going to the wayside and that really makes me sad too. The younger generations just don't do cards. Your little turkey card is adorable!!!! I love this turkey and how you have colored him Lynn. The embossed chicken wire is perfect and I just love the dotty background paper. Hugs my friend, Brenda

Margaret said...

This little guy is so cute. You've done a great job getting him all colored up for the holiday. I think he's going to be pardoned so no one puts him on the Thanksgiving table. I love sending out cards whether I get any in return or not, but I still receive a few along the way.

EmmaT said...

Fantastic fun design, love the imagex