Saturday, March 18, 2023

CAS Butterfly

 This card started out for a male......then a female.....then back to a male.  It's still for a male as I'm going to be sending it along with some things to my brother who loves butterflies.  


This was one of those cards that I had in my mind and then it took at totally different turn somewhere along the way.  Before it took the turn I couldn't figure out what to do with it.  I had the Kraft card base and then stamped the grid type image across the top with Frayed Burlap Oxide ink.  Then it sat there looking at me.  I even asked a good blogging friend for ideas on what to do next.  She had such a great idea but I didn't have any images like she suggested so it sat for a couple more days.  I finally decided to see what a butterfly looked like on it and yep, it worked, and I like the card now.  The butterfly die is from Impression Obsession and it's cut with vellum and also white cardstock.  The "Hello" sentiment is an old one from Close to My Heart and is also stamped in the Frayed Burlap Oxide ink.  I always forget about those inks stamping nice.

I'll enter this in the challenges at:  Creative Knockouts #490 - Add a sentiment and Krafty Chicks Challenge  - CAS, and The Male Room Challenge - Sketch


                                           

Thanks for stopping by.......and keep smiling.....

Lynn

17 comments:

Liz said...

Love this Lynn, what a stunning CAS card. xx

Melanie Hungerford said...

Turned out great, really love the script of the Hello sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Krafty Chicks!

Brenda said...

Oh Lynn, I love your take on the sketch! That border you stamped is very cool looking and I can see it being for a male or female. The butterfly is perfect on it too, Love that gorgeous butterfly and love that you added vellum on it too. I know, I forget how nice Oxides stamp too. Love them for blending, but really love them for stamping too. How fun that your brother loves butterflies, this is a perfect card for him! Hugs, Brenda

Brenda in IN said...

Great card for your brother and he will like that beautiful butterfly. The ink stamps so crisp and the grid looks like a good place for the butterfly to land.

Carol L said...

You made a fantastic card here Lynn, and that butterfly looks gorgeous in vellum. I gave all my vellum away recently because I can never figure out what to do with it, but you nailed these challenges with a great card! I love that sentiment too and I'm sure your butterfly-loving brother will enjoy this! Well done and such a beautifully designed card!

Darnell said...

What a beautiful butterfly it is, too, Lynn. It works perfectly with the stamping, and the whole design works perfectly for the sketch! A win in the end and a great design for either gal or guy! Hugs, Darnell

Chrissy said...

Fabulous design Lynn and a gorgeous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW - this is amazing Lynn - yes, sometimes cards go their own way and the results can be 'interesting' some times, and stunning other times, like this one :)
Blessings
Maxine

EmmaT said...

Such a beautiful end result. My cards often turn out completely different to the idea i had in my head but i guess thats what keeps it interesting.Emmax

Bonnie said...

I LOVE this, Lynn! That butterfly is gorgeous and perfect to perch on this stamped image!

JD/ Jill said...

This turned out to be a really stunning card! I like that sketch. I want to see if I could do something with that... (Jill's not good with sketches!)

Lynn McAuley said...

A clean and simple beauty!! How glorious!

ahlers5 said...

Beautiful card! I love that you die cut vellum to put under the butterfly.

Kath said...

A fabulous card Lynn - I love your design.
Kath x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is stunning, male or female, love the stamping and your butterfly and with a lovely sentiment also. Thank you so much for joining us in our Sketch challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith DT

NanaConnie said...

Absolutely magnificent, Lynn! What a fantastic butterfly, especially with the under layer of vellum. Very creative use of the sketch, too. You are so very talented, my friend. Your brother is going to love it.
Can you tell I'm playing catch up on my visits again? Sorry but last-thing-Easter-cards seem to have taken over my entire life. :-D

Irish Cherokee said...

I too love butterflies. This is an exquisite designed CAS card.

Hugs and Blessings