Monday, March 13, 2023

For A Guy

 I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone movie or something.  The plaid paper on this card is green (yes, for real) and tan.  Really, really green - and so pretty too.  However......as you can see, it's not green.  Or maybe it is and you're just seeing something that isn't really there.  Yep, Twilight Zone........Green!


I've taken a picture of this in the house, outside in the sunlight, and just about every place I could think of and yet the green won't show up.  Use your imagination.........The stamp is from a set of Inkadinkado stamps that was given to me a while back.  It's stamped on some patterned paper.  The sentiment, also on patterned paper, is a very old one from Close To My Heart. 

I've been trying to re-organize and go through all my stamping stuff around here and am finding all kinds of goodies - like the silver star.  I have brads, eyelets, and charms, etc. all over the place.  The star just had to go on this card.

I'm going to enter this in the challenge at Farm Quest General Store Challenge Blog.  Horses are on farms you know......along with cows, pigs, chickens, etc.  Maybe not on all farms, but some farms so it'll qualify hopefully.    

Thanks for stopping by….and keep smiling!

Lynn

14 comments:

Brenda said...

OMGosh, this is a beautiful card Lynn! I love that horse image, such a pretty one. The plaid paper is gorgeous as well. If I look closely, you know...with my glasses off and the 'puter up in my face....I can see the green. It's tricky though I give you that and one does feel like they are in the Twilight Zone! LOL Seriously, this card is amazing and I just love it. The sentiment is perfect and I love the star charm. Yes, this fits the bill nicely for the challenge. Hugs, Brenda

Brenda in IN said...

That is so cool to stamp on pattern paper. It looks good with the farm theme. The plaid paper still looks good as beige and black. Love the star. Maybe we can bring brads back! I have a bunch too.

*Vicki* said...

Wow, that's a stunning card whether the green shows or not! Love the horse image and your star accent is an excellent find! It's always fun to go shopping in your own stash for sure! LOL

Mariann Jakobsen said...

Wow this card is so cool! I love the horse stamp, and the sentiment is spot on!
Awesome!
Hugs - Mariann

Becca S said...

Lynn: This is excellent and yes this is definitely a farm country/rural kind of dream card! The metal star is a perfect touch! I lived in Dallas suburbs for 2 years before the big spread into the outer little farm towns got morphed into the metro area! I so enjoyed seeing all the little mini farms, Southfork Ranch, and others as I drove on the "FM" roads. But I'm also driven around the Lexington and Louisville areas of Kentucky and seen many of the horse farms in that bluegrass state. Love your card! Thanks for posting at FarmQuest General Store! Appreciatively, Becca

Carol L said...

This is one cool card Lynn! I love that horse image and how you stamped it on pattern paper. I bet that green is gorgeous IRL but sometimes photos just don't pick up good colors. That's a great sentiment and that little star charm is awesome too! I really like this one!!

JD/ Jill said...

Wow! What a nicely done card! I like everything about it.

Bonnie said...

I love this horse stamped on the patterned paper and the green plaid background (even if the camera doesn't see the green)! That star is a perfect fit! Wow!

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a wonderful card Lynn, even if the green isn't what it should be!!
Blessings
MAxine

Irish Cherokee said...

That is thee twilight zone. Green or no green the card is great. Nice job on this creation. Love it!

Hugs and Blessings

NanaConnie said...

Green or not, Lynn, the card is gorgeous! Loving the star - such a perfect touch for a gal from the Lone Star State. :-D While I'm here, let me thank you for supporting our monthly challenge at FarmQuest General Store. I think it's a perfect "country" card. BTW, that sentient quote from Louis L'Amour is something Hank used to say to me at least once a week. lol

EmmaT said...

Fabulous card and design. My photos often don't look like the real thing - frustrating and odd - it is odd though like you say for the photo to not show even a hint of green :-)

Lynn McAuley said...

Fabulous papers and charm with this sensational masculine design!! You KNOW that sentiment is true for all of us "native" Texans!!

ahlers5 said...

Love this! Yep, I cannot see green.