Monday, April 17, 2023

Lavender.....Purple

 I assume this is lavender anyway.  It's purple - although I could have colored it pink I guess.  We'll go with lavender though.  I had this image all printed, colored, and die cut and then it sat...and it sat, and sat, and sat.  I've tried at least 10 different things with this and patterned paper, solid card stock, embossing, and whatever else I could think of and it just wasn't gelling at all.  I even dug out the texture paste - and of course it was all dried up.  Figures.  So.......here you go with another very clean and simple card.

.....and while I'm on the subject of flowers.  It's starting to get a little warmer in this part of Texas and my pansies are finally looking a little like someone probably stepped on them.  They're still hanging in there for now though and I just had to snap a picture before it was too hot and they all died......

......and last but not least.  (I know you're getting tired of reading this)  This part of Texas is not only warming up but it's also dry.  Bone dry!  The last couple of months we've had winds like you can't even image.  Combine the wind and the dry weather and that equals tumbleweeds around here....thousands of them - to the point where they had drop off points around town and you could haul your tumbleweeds there and they'd dispose of them.   These are some that got stuck between two homes here in town (thankfully it wasn't ours)!    


That's it and yes, I realize you really ARE tired of reading now............so......

I'll enter this in the challenge at Crafty Calendar (die cuts) and Inkspirational (clean and simple)
Thanks for stopping by.........and keep smiling!
Lynn





14 comments:

Liz said...

Super card Lynn, the gingham paper is just perfect for a background for your beautiful image. We’ve got some lavender in the garden just beginning to flower. Happy to send you some of our rain, we’ve had a lot lately. xx

*Vicki* said...

I absolutely LOVE lavender...plants and the color! You've picked the perfect paper to go with your image and I love the stitching around as well from your die cuts! The pansies look so pretty too! I always seem to kill mine when I try them in pots! Well, I've never been to Texas and I'm always interested in seeing/hearing what's going on...so I read it!! :) Now that is a huge pile of tumbleweeds!! Wow! Always wondered how you all disposed of them...now I know! Thanks for sharing friend!

Pia S said...

I love this color and your card turned out lovely in all its simplicity. Thanks for sharing with us at INKspirational gallery!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Lynn, I love the lavender gingham paper and lovely image and your pansies are beautiful, what a great colour,I grow pansies in my Winter as we don't get that cold here and look at those tumbleweeds, always thought they were so spooky blowing down the dirt streets in old western movies..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Carol L said...

Yes, I'd agree that is lavender growing in that pot, and the gingham lavender paper is a perfect match! I absolutely LOVE this! Your pansies are gorgeous! I had some in a basket but they all died overnight like someone squeezed them all to death LOL The colors are so exceptionally striking and pretty. You can keep the tumbleweeds though - I'm surprised nobody figured out a way to put them to good use through recycling somehow! LOL

Bonnie said...

Not tired at all, Lynn! I love your lavender in that double stitched oval! The gingham paper is perfect to show it off!

LesleyG said...

Love the lavender card, beautifully coloured, and interesting to see and learn about tumbleweed, the pansies are sweet and I’m still smiling :) xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

This is one stunning card Lynn - and I am glad you persevered with the image to end up with this wonderful creation.
I can't imagine living where it is so hot that flowers die off in summer, or so dry and windy that you have tumbleweeds like that.
I did not get bored reading your post - I find that I enjoy 'vicarious travel' through blogs, and folks sharing their local issues :)
Blessings
Maxine

Sue said...

Just catching up on all your wonderful cards Lynn! absolutely gorgeous everyone of them. I love them all lots of hugs Sue x

Chris said...

It's a beautiful clean design and showcases the pretty stamp perfectly.
Thank you for sharing at Crafty Calendar this month.
Chris
x

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty card! I like your design!

ahlers5 said...

I had to laugh at the tumbleweeds picture. When we first bought our house in AZ we had to clear our yard of tumbleweeds. We built a wall about 75 feet long, five feet tall and about five feet deep of just tumbleweeds. The city came and picked them up. If I remember correctly they had to make several trips. Now we clean up just one or two each year that blow over from our neighbors yards. This is such a pretty card. I love the lavender with the gingham paper.

EmmaT said...

Beautiful card, its funny how sometimes everything you try with an image just doesn't work - the end result here is gorgeous. WOW to the tumbleweed - ive only ever seen it in old films:-) Emmax

Brenda said...

Sure looks like a lavender plant to me Lynn and I've seen many of them at a lavender farm! I had lavender at one time, not sure what happened to it though. Need a another one me thinks. I think this card is stunning! I love the purple gingham paper you used, your lavender pot stands out so nicely on it. Of course you have colored it up beautifully. I'm glad you didn't let this beauty go to waste! Oh I love your pansies! The little mini ones we call "monkey faces" because they look just like monkey faces. LOL Wow, that is a pile of tumble weeds and each one looks huge! Like a big shrub huge. LOL How on earth do you haul those things?! Glad this wasn't your house! I've only ever seen a tumble weed on TV and now in your photo. I can't imagine them rolling into town. LOL Lots of wind here as well, wild wind! Wish I could have sent you the 3 to 5 inches of rain we got around here. It took us out of a water deficit. So that is good. Hope y'all get some rain soon! Hugs, Brenda