Wednesday, November 18, 2009

i {heart} papers Sketch Challenge


If you pop over to the i {heart} paper web site, you will find a DT sketch challenge on their blog. I thought I'd try this sketch as it looked simple enough. Oh my goodness, was I ever wrong! This was very tough for me. I think I created three cards before I ever got one I liked. Now I know mine cannot compare to the DT members but thought I'd post it anyway.


Every time I looked at this sketch and saw the triangles, all I saw were Christmas trees (maybe it's because I know I'm going to have to drag out all the Christmas decorations pretty soon - sometimes that turns into a chore and yet I dearly love that time of the year)!! Anyway, my first card had cupcakes on it. I thought it was just "ok" and I may post that one at a later date. My second was Christmas-sy, but was just blah! This is my third attempt.


The sentiment is from a Martha Stewart stamp set I got at the after Christmas sales last year at Wal-Mart. I think I paid all of $2.00 for the whole set. The paper I used was SU Real Red, white and Real Red DP. The "star" on the top of the "trees" are rhinestones from CTMH. I punched out a snowflake with a very small punch I had and added a red rhinestone. The white background was embossed with the Snowflake folder and my Cuddlebug.


Thanks for stopping by...............

Lynn

12 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh wow! You blew me away with the tree idea!

tinka said...

You are too good - I knew it all along!!!!!!!!!

i {heart} papers said...

This is awesome! You did a fabulous job!

Janelle Stollfus said...

Great card! It's a festive card. So sorry it took you three tries. I just keep working the same card until it comes out right. The floor ends up with a lot of scraps. LOL

Deb said...

Lynn, I *love* it! It is fabulous! It looks wonderful flipped with the trees for the triangles, with the little twinkling bling for stars! This sketch definitely was a challenge but you nailed it!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow Lynn - this is such a creative use of the triangles on this sketch. What a beautiful card and fantastic project all the way around.

whoistracy said...

This is adorable Lynn! I love how you saw trees when you looked at those triangles. So creative!!

Carolyn Mustopa said...

Ingenious! I never saw the the trees in the sketch, but, WOW! Perfect take on the challenge!

Megan Lock said...

This is darling!! I love it. :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your sketch- it looks challenging to me- you made a beautiful card! TFS

Stephanie said...

I love this card... can you email me your address, I have a surprise for you... sbs81@aol.com

Michelle VP said...

Super sweet job! Love those diamonds at the tree tops! :)