Friday, November 13, 2009

Turkey In The Straw


Our Thanksgiving Day meal is a VERY informal affair. We have an extremely small house and usually have about 25 people for dinner (needless to say, we always hope for pretty weather so they can kinda filter in and out of the house). It's pretty chaotic to say least with everyone crowding into the kitchen, the TV blaring with football games, children running every which way, and my husband frying the turkey and trying not to cause a BIG fire ( I say that because we actually did have a pretty good "fire incident" several years ago with the turkey and the fryer)!

It's worth it though, as there is nothing better than a turkey that has been fried.


As I said this is a very informal gathering for my family and friends so I thought I'd make some place cards that reflected the informality of it all. I was only able to take a picture of two of these because when I tried to get all of them in the same photo, it was just too small.


The stamp is from Inkadinkado, colored in markers and framed with circle nestabilities. I then tied a "handful" of hay together, folded a small portion of the stamped image at the bottom and attached it with glue dots.


Thanks for stopping by..............


Lynn

5 comments:

i {heart} papers said...

These are adorable!

Sharon said...

Very cute!!!

Stephanie said...

These are just adorable!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the turkey placecards you have made- they are too cool! TFS

Lynn McAuley said...

These turkey placecards are so adorable!! How perfect for your Thanksgiving gathering of friends and family!!