Monday, August 9, 2010

Small Wonder


I REALLY struggled with this little baby card. After having to make so many baby and children's card the last few weeks, I swore I would not make another one for at least a month. BUT the free digi from Designed2Delight for the progressive challenge came up and this was the image. After much moaning and groaning, I created yet another baby card. I tried to come up with maybe a Valentine's Day card, but it just wasn't happening........So, you get to see a baby card instead! And I'll already have at least one card made when I get another order for more children and baby cards!

This is close to a CASE that I saw on SCS for another image but I just can't remember who had the layout, etc. I used Pretty in Pink, White, and some background paper from Paper Studio. The sentiment is from Whimsical Words (SU). I added little pearls to the bow on the bear (I colored and then cut this out from a different image) and around the scalloped oval punch. The pearls are just the best!!! They are SO very tiny but fit perfect. I just recently got them from SU. There are different sizes but this little ones were just what I needed.

Thanks for stopping by...............
Lynn

13 comments:

Denise said...

Precious! Wonbderful job coloring the teddy bear!

Lynn McAuley said...

Beyond adorable, Lynn!! What a sensational baby card!!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Cute teddy bear! This does make a great baby card! Sorry you struggled with it but you WON the battle!! Love the border punch and the pearls ARE perfect.
Believe me - that pizza is YUMMMYYY!!!
Gotta get the Nutella!!!
Maria
PS: Cindy made today's card on our blog :)

Tammy said...

Both the card and the image are too cute. Another outstanding job on your part.Thanks for your good wishes!

jaydee said...

Lynn, perfect! It's a beautiful baby card and I love the fact that it could be changed up and made into a blue card. I agree about the pearls.. I think they are perfect. I love the very small ones and they are hard for me to find in other places.
hope you had a fabulous weekend
hugs
jaydee

paige said...

Beautiful card! I love the expression on the bear's face, so sweet!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Love this little teddy bear, it fits perfectly on this little baby girl card. Great job, especially you are now the expert in making baby cards :)

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Very sweet. I especially like the patterned paper you used behind the bear. All the details (scalloped border, pearls, satin ribbon) really lend to the overall design.

Margaret said...

What a sweet card. I love the layout.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this! I am making mine tonight......I love the colors- must have been painful for you after all of the baby cards this month- but when the occasion arisis, you'll have the perfect card.

Kathy said...

So very sweet. Love the layout you used with this image, looks great. Thanks for playing along with us at D2D this week.

Carrie said...

Oh my gosh this is just about the sweetest card I've seen for a baby. Love it...everything!!!!

Karen Howard said...

I love the edge punch and the soft colors you used for the patterned paper, this is really lovely!