Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Birthday Spin


This is for one of the grandchildren that will be turning 12 this coming month. Now, being a girl, you know she's going to like "bling" so I added the rhinestones and glitter - wanted to add maybe a larger rhinestone in the center of the flower but decided that was just a little "too much".

This will be for Tuesday Morning Sketches (39). It was a cute sketch and I thought the little bike from Our Craft Lounge was a perfect fit. This stamp set has so many cute things that can be added - like the streamers that I used the glitter on, etc. The presents on the back are from the Loads of Love accessories from SU. I stamped these (using the StampAMaJig) and then stamped them again on the DP, cut them out, and then paper pieced them on the original image. The paper I used was Pixie Pink, White, Black, and Paper Studio DP.

Thanks for stopping by..................
Lynn

16 comments:

Lone Pine Designs said...

Oh, I love it...your grand daughter will too!

Emkay said...

So cute! I bet she'll love it!

Lynn McAuley said...

Love this delightful birthday card with its polka-dot bike!! Super cute, Lynn!!

Tina said...

CUTE!! Love the pink and sparkles!

Tammy said...

Sweet card. Love all the glitz. Adding a rhinestone on the flower would have been a nice touch but I think you made a wise decision not to.

Cheryl said...

I love this card! Pink, sparkles, stripes - all my favs. I have to get this set from OCL.

Miss Mary said...

Love this card...I have that paper, but not that stamp...so cute.

Laura said...

Hi lynn,Very pretty colors.TFS

Melissa Craig said...

This is an adorable card. Love the bling, too!!

Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

lindyloo said...

this is fabby and your grandaughter will love it huggies lindyloo x

Michelle Forrest said...

Wonderful girly card! I love how you paper pieced the presents! I'm sure your granddaughter will love this card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is just darling- I love the flower and all of the bling! Cute image too. TFS

Karen Howard said...

Super cute card!!! Love the bicycle, makes me want to get outside!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What an adorable card, love the bicycle image, she's gonna love it!

dawnmercedes said...

That is perfect for a little girl who is growing up!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

How clever of you to use the packages from one stamp set to add to your bike image. I think this has the perfect amount of pink and bling for a 12 year old girl. My niece is 11 and this is right up her alley.