Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Clean and Simple Challenge #81


This card is for the Clean and Simple Challenge #81. You know, sometimes the simplest things can really turn into a chore! This sketch looked so simple!! I worked on this card ALL DAY LONG. I finally got everything like I wanted it and looked down and had smeared blue ink all across the bottom! So, back to the drawing board....Anyway, here's the end result.

I used two SU sets - Just Beachy (for the fish) and Pony Party (for the little birthday hat). The sentiment is computer generated, cut out, and then a little sponging around the edges. The "waves" were done using the scallop edge punch.

Thanks for stopping by.............
Lynn

13 comments:

Lesley said...

superb and the sentiment is so cute - best wishes Lesley x

Stacey Schafer said...

super cute, Lynn!

Laura said...

what a nice job on your cas card.love those fishes

Carrie said...

Well all your work was worth it, this is too cute. Isn't it crazy how sometimes a cas card takes longer than a card with layers. Great job Lynn.

Anonymous said...

oh this is so darn cute! Great for a grandson I think...I will have to tuck the idea away for this summer! In the meantime I'd l;ove for you to submit a card to my challenge....hope to see you soon!

Mary Hamer said...

Absolutely adorable Lynn! Love it!

Unknown said...

Stinkin' under the sea cute, Lynn!!!!

Alison said...

I love it! I love the fishes and coloring and the scalloped "wave" at the bottom!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is super adorable. Well worth the effort. Your end results are terrific!

Lea L. said...

How cute!! Love the fish! Great job with FTL 81!

♥Lea

jaydee said...

Lynn, I missed this. how hysterical. It's fabulous
tfs
jaydee

Patty Gorka said...

I saw this card earlier and I didn't have a chance to comment until today, but I think this is sooooo cute! I showed it to my daughter and she just loved it! Thansk for sharing the link to the FTL81 challenge. I never saw any of these challenges before and they are just perfect for me. I love cas cards!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Love your fun and colorful row of fishes. I too have that problem - the simplest designs end up being the most challenging to create. But this is worth it. So cute.