Monday, March 15, 2010

Out of Africa


I know, I know, it's that same giraffe again.......but there is a reason for this image today. The mother of a friend of mine used to be a world traveler and everywhere she went she brought back material, beads, buttons, etc. She was a wonderful seamstress and used the buttons and beads to go on vests and that type of thing. She made fabulous creations. She's older now and unable to do this anymore and so my friend gave me a small box of some of the buttons and beads. The "mask" is one of them. Is that not just the most wonderful embellishment you've ever seen!SO, I just had to make another giraffe card - that, plus, I found this small scrap of DP that went perfect with it.

This will be linked to the StampsRUs challenge blog - due to the distressing. Hop over to that blog and check it out. You have an entire month to submit your entry.

I'm not real sure where she got this "mask" from but thought it fit on the card. I got the entire card completed and was getting ready to take a picture and thought - no, I need to sponge some around the giraffe. So I stamped another image, cut it out, placed it on top of the original image, grabbed the ink pad and WHAM! WRONG COLOR! Yikes.....Anyway, I went ahead and sponged it all and then decided I kinda liked it. Oh, well.......It's a little different.

I used Very Vanilla, Brown Bag (CTMH), Chocolate Chip and More Mustard card stock. The image is from In the Wild by CTMH. I used More Mustard and Brown Bag ink - oh, and the mistake of the Autumn Terracotta! Accessories are twine, jute twine, dimensionals, and of course, the mask. All was distressed.

Thanks for stopping by..............

Lynn

13 comments:

Covered In Crafts said...

I love the attention to detail!

Cheryl said...

Very cool! Love the stitching and mask charm.

Joan said...

I love this card - I think your sponging is great too! I have a freind who loves giraffes, so I am always looking for ideas for her - thank you for the inspiration!

Lynn McAuley said...

Love this fabulous card, Lynn, with the wonderful animal print paper and sensational mask!!! What a sensational design for your stamped giraffe!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- fantastic card!!! I love the mask, great stamping, love the distressed look!

dawnmercedes said...

Oh wow! What a gift to treasure! My mom lost her grandmother's button box and is devastated!!

Anonymous said...

I understand that's a bead but the face was stamped on to it? Wow. I'm new to crafting but I'd love the giraff no matter how many times you used it. Great job. I'm your new follower. Hope I learn something here. Great blog. Maybe you could check out mine? I'm a doll lover too and your new follower. I love your site and you window shelf dolls. Maybe you'll follow me too? http://hauplight.blogspot.com/ Thanks.

Laura said...

WHat a lovely card,love that button.

Miss Mary said...

Awesome Card!!

Tina said...

Really cool using the bead mask as an embellishment! The card's great!

Carrie said...

Great job with the challenge and I think the bead mask couldn't be more perfect with this image and card. Wonderful!

Marilyn said...

This is a fabulous card!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

The mask goes well with your image and patterned paper. I like the stitching detail.