Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring Has Sprung!!


Spring has sprung - with a vengeance! The butterflies are flitting about, the hummingbirds are coming to the feeders, the grass is getting a little greener - AND - the oak trees are blooming and spreading pollen everywhere and my allergies are about to kill me!!! We have this huge oak tree that is about 40 foot high right outside our home and when it starts putting on new leaves the pollen is just unreal. All I've wanted to do is stay in bed with the covers over my head. Hopefully this will only last about another week or so. I haven't felt like stamping for sure. This is a card I had done a week or two ago. I somewhat CASEd it from one I saw on Michelle's blog (here). I did not add a sentiment as I think it could be used for several different occasions.

I used Rose Red, White, and Basic Grey DP - along with a couple of oval punches, Swirls embossing folder, some pearls, ribbon, and the Beautiful Wings die from SU.

Thanks for stopping by...................

Lynn

10 comments:

Lone Pine Designs said...

Gorgeous...I love Rose Red and butterflies and pearls....what's not to love!

Kellie said...

Lynn, hope you start feeling better soon. Your card is great. I love the design.

Lynn McAuley said...

What a beautiful spring card, Lynn!! Love the wonderful butterfly and the gorgeous BasicGrey background!!

Wishing you well!!!

Carrie said...

Allergies can be a killer, hopefully it will pass soon :) Love the layout and colors you used. Great spring card.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Hi Lynn,
Sorry your allergies are buggin' you. I am so grateful that I don't suffer from them. Lovely card! Great butterfly fluttering around! I too leave sentiments off some of my cards, so I can personalize them when I need a particular card!!
Feel Better!
Maria

Gardner's Basket said...

Lynn, this is a stunning card. Wonderful butterfly, really puts me in the mood for Spring!

Unknown said...

Great Spring Card! Love the butterfly!

Lesley said...

gorgeous card - spring at your place sound lovely best wishes Lesley x

Tammy said...

Love the lay out. Just beautiful.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

This is very pretty. I like the butterfly in combo with the patterned paper.

Have you tried Zyrtec for your allergies? It has been a lifesaver for me.