Monday, March 8, 2010

YEEHAW!!!!!


I am NOT a distressing type card maker at all! But, for the StampsRUs Challenge blog the instructions were to distress! So, here's my attempt at this. Usually when I try to distress something it either looks like I needed a new blade in my paper cutter or a mouse has been chewing away at my paper....I may try to post another one (distressed) before the end of the month. At the StampsRUs challenge blog you have a whole month (YES!) to post your entry.

The image I used is a digital freebie that you can find HERE. A cute little cowgirl....and yes, like the sentiment says, there's a little cowboy in all of us! The paper I used was all from CTMH-Dutch Blue, Sunflower, White, and DP. I also used (from CTMH) the Chocolate Distressing ink and some Dutch Blue ink. The sentiment is from CTMH Yehaw. I used various markers and Prismacolor pencils to color the image, jute twine, and a little glitter on the fringe on her blouse.
Note: You may have to "click" on this to see the distressing better - however, BEWARE, if you do. This little babe's lips are just wild. They remind me on my great aunt....as she got older she always wanted to wear lipstick but just never really hit her lips and it was usually all over her face. Now this isn't that bad, but the lips did get an extra dose of red it seems!!!

Thanks for stopping by...............

Lynn

8 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

What a true sentiment, especially for us Texans!!
I love this wonderful cowgirl image and your distressing looks sensational!! Great work, Lynn!!

Prismadonna said...

Lynn, very cute card and I would like the digi stamp too. But when I click on your link it comes up unavailable. Could you check it out. If you can email me at prismadonna@aol.com and let me know what it is. Thanks.

Elisabeth said...

Great job on the distressing...super card!

Cheryl said...

Great card! This cow girl rocks. Love the distressing

MiamiKel said...

Yeehaw! T his is sweeeeeeeet! Lovely color choice!

Ginny said...

another fab card :)

Carrie said...

I think you did a great job with the distressing. Love the twine you added on this card and the sentiment is great.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Great combo of patterned papers with your fun image.